After a month of hard work, my students and I FINALLY finished up our inference unit. I teach grades K-5, so teaching the skill of inference is always interesting.
My kindergarten classes used the No David series by David Shannon. I was inspired by the blog First Grade Parade. My students had a great time looking closely at each page and giving their ideas. We also used the book The Great Fuzz Frenzy by Janet Stevens. The book was so funny... they didn't even know they were making inferences!
My first graders were able to take a look inside my purse. It is amazing the things that these children know about technology! I used a wonderful resource from The Inspired Apple.
In fourth and fifth grade we inferred using Norman Rockwell paintings. They were such amazing thinkers! I found a great page on Teachers Pay Teachers. It was worth the money! In the intermediate grades we also focused on test questions. It was scary how much trouble they had finding evidence to support their answers. It's just one more thing to work on before our NYS ELA exam in April.
So many great lessons were planned by my team (too many to post). I am so grateful to work with such wonderful women (and one man). I am also grateful for all of the amazing bloggers out there. I am truly inspired every day to become a better teacher. Luckily, for my husband and my bank account I do not have my own classroom....

1 comment:
Sounds great! I am looking up the book The Great Fuzz Frenzy - and the No David stuff is always fun :) I'm so glad I found your wonderful blog!
Amy
TheResource(ful)Room!
Post a Comment